Hi all,

I just bought one of Tom W's 715CLC intro specials... not as big as some but 375cc is huge to me. My previous drivers are 230cc and 260cc respectively.

My first attempt at it I built it 44" with the free ZT shaft (stiff) and it's horrible. No feel. I can hit it a fair bit (not much more than my other drivers though) but I have no idea when I hit it if it was a good hit or not -- little shaft feedback. I attempted to FLO it but don't think I did it properly so pulled it and am going to redo it more carefully. I bought a clearance shaft from Golfquip's closing sale (MFC Blue Crush) and may try that in it instead anyway at a longer length. I like the head, it has promise for sure if I can find the right shaft for it. Funny, I love the ZT shafts in my irons and the specs on the wood shafts were very consistent with the specs on the other wood shafts I like. A lot of possibilities here for why I didn't like it - not FLO'd right, could be too stiff, could be too heavy S/W... we'll see. Will try things one at a time and see what sticks!

General question is - for anyone who has switched from "small" head to big head, any tips to get used to it or differences in how you built your driver? I went with 44" because I know that is a length that I know I can keep accurate with my previous drivers. But, at that length the club seems way too short because the head is so big (to me). I feel like it's about 30" long!! Does it just take you a bit extra time to get used to the big head??

Just curious, everyone's opinions will vary...
Jen