Unfortunately both the satin chrome and the platinum are on backorder
until mid-late Feb.

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 3:52 PM
To: shoptalk@mail.msen.com
Subject: ShopTalk: Wishon CX Micro Wedges

Tom Wishon has been a friend of Shoptalk for some time now and I try and
give Wishon Golf a plug every now and then when new goodies arrive.
Looks like a few new goodies have arrived, including a redesigned
website http://www.wishongolf.com and a really nifty new wedge design. I
hope Tom doesn't mind, but I grabbed the info below from a post I read
at an online forum on the new wedges, seemed to cover the major
features/benefits of the new wedge line and also the USGA report on
scorelines and spin. They've also got a new rep (Rob Sines) that seems
to be quite a nice feller (I've never met him, but you CAN tell by
email).

Here's some info on the new wedges:

"The major aspect of the CX Micro design are the "micro-groove"
scorelines which are smaller and closer together. The CX micro
scorelines are each 0.6mm wide and spaced 2.0mm apart. This allows the
CX Micro wedges to put the edges of 5 scorelines on the surface of the
ball at impact, while the Vokey would put the edges of 3 scorelines on
the ball's surface.
The USGA's rules concerning scoreline dimensions says that 1)lines
cannot be closer than 3 times the width of the lines, and 2) lines
cannot be closer together than a minimum of 1.91mm as measured from edge
to edge of the lines. Therefore, what we have done with the scorelines
on the CX Micros is to redesign them less wide and closer together so
that the friction of the edges of the 5 lines on the ball surface at
impact will be greater than the friction of only 3 line edges on the
ball.
We know the edges of the lines do increase friction between the face and
the ball because this was discovered and chronicled in the USGA's recent
report they published in 2006 which explained the first half of their
exhaustive and detailed test program on scorelines and spin. So hence
the CX Micros have an additional way to enhance a golfer's ability to
stop the ball on the green over what other wedges can offer."

TOM

--

John Muir

shoptalk