Hi, all!

You may have noticed that I have temporarily withdrawn my article on Driver Optimization. (Or at least put a "warning notice" on it.) The data in it has been called into question, and rightly so. Since the "data" is computer-generated, I need some real-world data to test the accuracy of the various trajectory programs I use. I have three on my computer, and may obtain a fourth. Now I have to determine which -- if any -- I can trust. It's a fact that they give different output for the same input, so they can't all be right.

Anyway, I already have some data for "big hitters" (ball speed at 150mph and more), so I know that part of the answer. Now I need data "for the rest of us". I'd like to request this from any members of the discussion group that have it or have access to it.

I need the following data for a few hits in the range of 100 to 130mph ball speed. The data for each hit should be:

*** Ball speed
*** Launch angle
*** Spin
*** Carry distance.

I need each hit to be accurate. Reliability is far more important than the number of data points. Three, or even two, hits in the range will probably tell me what I need to know. The ball speed, launch angle, and spin are obviously launch monitor outputs, but it is strongly desirable that the carry distance be actual measured distance. It should not be the prediction of a launch monitor, unless you're working with a launch monitor that has been calibrated and is known to give correct distance.

If you're working at altitude (more than 1000ft), I'd like to know the altitude.

The hit should be at a reasonably comfortable temperature (60*F - 85*F).
The range should be flat so the landing area and teeing area are the same height.
Wind should be negligible.

Thanks in advance for any data you can provide.

DaveT