All things being equal the tip stiffness will remain the same but the club
will play more flexible than at standard length. It will also feel heavier at 1
 inch approximately 5 swing weight points higher. The only way to get the
correct  lie is dynamically and that means the whole set not just one club and
bend off  the that club to standard increments. I have yet to see someone fit
into a set  at 1 degree or half of degree increments. The lie board doesn't lie
and once you  have a set fit like this you will never play it any other way.
If you feel a  regular shaft fits you better and are going to go over length by
1 inch I would  go with the S flex and soft step them 1 or 2 irons depending
on the shaft  chosen and the feel. Bottom line choose your shaft flex and
length and then let  the lie board tell you the correct angles to set the
clubs,
that is the way to  optimize your irons. You may be suprised at the result.

    Charlie B