________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of L. Hunter Kevil
        Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 12:26 PM
        To: ShopTalk@mail.msen.com
        Subject: ShopTalk: Roll from drives - wisdom needed

        Hi all,

        I haven't been doing much clubmaking the last few years - too
much teaching - and have failed to keep up with the current state of the
art. Yesterday I played with a former member of the University of
Missouri golf team, a petite person with an excellent game. What struck
me was not that her drives were as long as mine in terms of carry
distance, but that after that her ball rolled extremely well. On one
hole you have to drive into a hill. My ball has always stopped dead;
hers rolled an extra 15 years uphill. Remarkable.

        Any thoughts about how to promote this? Is it just a function of
hitting the ball on the part of the face with the greatest deflection so
that there is a minimum amount of backspin? Does the action of the shaft
play any part in this? All comments most welcome.

        TIA,

        Hunter

        L. H. Kevil
        Univ of Missouri