Ed,
That is a great course and you aren't kidding about the middle of nowhere. It is in the middle of farmland in the center of California's San Juaquin Valley between Interstate 5 and Rte 99. About 30 miles from Modesto. It is so far from population centers, that they've built a small "trailer park" of modular buildings that have a small bedroom, sofabed, kitchenette, etc. Probably about 15 of these. After the kitchen in the restaurant grille closes, I think the closest food might be Modesto, 30 miles from there.

But a great golf course.
Brad