The Legend isn't meant for that type of use.  That being said, you can use it
to create your own "maps" and routes.  You can use it to create waypoints of
known features, such as tee boxes, front, center, back of greens, carry points,
etc.  Then as you are using it, you can determine distances to/from various
points.

Once you get a bit more adept, you can integrate the use of aerial images to
mark courses and upload/download waypoints to the unit.

Although not golf specific, they are fun to play with and I use mine all the
time when hunting, fishing, traveling, and just screwing around.

Scott