I bought quite a few shafts from PC over the years, while Pete was still with
the company.  As I too recall, they actually did quite a bit of OEM and
rebranded work. At the time they were one of the most consistent, spine free
shafts you could buy, regardless of price, and I always felt they were a very
good value (probably too good).  Add to that the fact that at the time, they
and Apache were the only graphite shafts you could buy that were actually
frequency sorted (instead of just having a letter painted on the side that
didn't mean much of anything), and they were ahead of their time.  I think the
ultimate downfall was when they were bought out, Pete left, and the quality of
the products suffered.  They did try to resolve the clearcoat finish issue, but
the paint they used wasn't much better (I think the chipped clearcoat looked
better than chipped paint).  What I don't know is if they were bought out
because they were in trouble, or they got into trouble after they wer!
 e boug
ht out, but either way that was it for them.

Scott