Harry,
My info came from the slide show that was linked on Tim's site. The slide show says it is a presentation by the PCS's Frequency Committee that developed the system/software. One of the slides is of the "Data Input Chart". It is filled out as an example. It shows that for this case, the Calibrating shaft cpm measured by PCS and the frequency measured by the clubmakers system were the same. It also shows that no adjustment is made for what they call "coefficient of flex value" which apparently is a fudge factor that can be applied for those shafts that play stiffer or weaker than their frequency. In that table, they show a 38" 289 is a 4.0 and a 38" at 5.0 being 299. I extrapolated what a 38" 6.0 would be (+10cpm = 309cpm) and that a 45" 6.0 would be ( 7" longer @ 8cpm/in = minus 56cpm or 309 - 56 = 253).
Brad