Don't know about the Nike but I recently reshafted a R9. The ferrule/adapter
compressed a little in the hydraulic puller(maybe 1/8 of an inch) I cut that
off and installed a ferrule over the top (it could have been an o ring or
something similar or nothing at all if the shaft has not been prepped) I used a
ferrule because the new shaf t(pull out brought in by a customer) had too much
tip prepped.
There has to be a better way than using an extractor. It came out easily
though. I was thinking of  carefully securing the adapter in a vise after
heating it and pull on it. Maybe not :)

André.

  So what is the latest poop on reshafting the Nike adapter?  We discussed this
a while back but I searched and came up empty.

  -Don M