        From: owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com
[mailto:owner-shopt...@mail.msen.com] On Behalf Of Tom Flanagan
        Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:46 PM
        To: shoptalk
        Subject: RE: ShopTalk: Shaft extensions?

        Forgot to mention this. Bending Berthas is an interesting
subject. They're bore-throughs. You need a short knuckle bending bar
but, keep in mind that when you're bending the hosel you're also bending
the shaft. That's not a big deal with steel shafts but for graphites?
You could crack the tip. I've bent a few Callaways to about 2 deg up.

        Before you start bending check the actual lie angles. I'll bet
they're different, club to club. I've yet to see a set of any OEM brand
iron that are what the mfr claims. Same with lofts and flexes
(graphite), be iron shaft flexes are often all over the range.

        TFlan