On 11/6/06, Ken D'Ambrosio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry for the somewhat contorted subject heading -- but it describes what
> I'd like to do.  I've got a T1 coming in, and a cable modem as backup in
> case the T1 flakes out.  The host I'm interested in tweaking sits on a
> 10.x.x.x network -- it sees the T1 as 10.20.1.1 and the cable modem as
> 10.20.1.133.  I'd like it such that, when it receives a packet from the
> NAT box on 10.20.1.1 or 10.20.1.133, it's smart enough to reply to the
> same box that the packet came from.  (That way, the external host doesn't
> get pissed off.)  After perusing iproute2 docs and Shorewall docs, I
> *think* it's possible.  Maybe.
Add the "track" option to your /etc/shorewall/providers file:
ISP1    1       1       main            eth0            detect
 track,balance
ISP2    2       2       main            eth1            detect
 track,balance
and you can add rules in /etc/tcrules to force traffic out one
particular interface.  Sites that keep track of your IP to keep you
logged in get confused otherwise.

HTH, and that it's accurate >.>
Will