Hi All,

I need to setup some pure L2TP (no IPSEC) tunnels over a private
network. Basically there'll be ppp on L2TP on UDP.

I use shorewall to configure the firewall. Thanks Tom!

Looks like L2TP needs a conntrack module, since the data connection
which is setup is on a different  (dynamic) port from the standard
port (1701). I noticed a ip_conntrack_pptp module, but nothing for
l2tp.

Has anyone on this list done this kind of thing before? Any
suggestions? How do I approach writing a conntrack module if
necessary? Or is there some shorewall/iptables set of rules I can put
in for this?

Right now, I've had to allow all UDP packets from my L2TP server(s) to
the fw, which does not make me a very happy man..

Thanks in advance,
Prasanna.