I have Shorewall running as an office gateway performing NAT for local clients
to access Internet.  There is a policy allowing full access from loc -> net.

Problem arrises when trying to connect a Cisco VPN client to a VPN server on
the Internet from a local workstation.

The cisco client log shows:

Automatic NAT Detection Status:
   Remote end is NOT behind a NAT device
   This   end IS behind a NAT device

If I bypass the Linux Shorewall gateway the connection works perfectly.  This
is the only type of connection to the Internet that seems to have any problems
- www, https, ftp, MSN etc all connect no problem.

I have tried to remove shorewall from the equation by doing the following with
no luck.
sudo shorewall clear
sudo iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -s 192.168.118.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

I have searched high and low but have not been able to find anything that will
help with this problem.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Can anyone
point me in the right direction as this problem is completely beyond my
knowledge and experience.

Attached is the status.txt file as created by shorewall dump.  For this example
I attempted to connect between 192.168.118.118 and 203.110.142.69.  If I have
missed anything or you need further information please let me know.

Thankyou in advance,
Peter