shacky wrote:

> Could you help me to understand how to use L7-Filter with the NFQUEUE
> features of Shorewall, please?

Sorry -- I looked at the L7-Filter documentation enough to understand that
it uses NFQUEUE and that's all that I have the time or the interest to do.
The basic idea should be that traffic that you would otherwise ACCEPT will
be sent to NFQUEUE instead (at least that's the way that Snort-inline
works). This includes ESTABLISHED traffic so you will need to insert NFQUEUE
rules in the ESTABLISHED section of the rules file (and disable FASTACCEPT
in shorewall.conf) for that traffic that you want L7-filter to rule on.

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]