On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 12:38:07AM +0000, Jean-Philippe Steinmetz wrote:
> Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto <at> connexer.com> writes:

> Thanks Roberto for pointing this thread out. I just have one question,
> my system does not have a static IP address as it is assigned via DHCP. Is
> it possible to apply this rule using 127.0.0.1, localhost or using the domain
> name somehow?

No.  You would need the address for the ORIGINAL DEST column.  In your
case, I would recommend my approach.  Run apache on port 80 and the have
it use ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse to http://127.0.0.1:49999/ (or
whatever you high-numbered port is).  Then there is no need to involve
Shorewall beyond opening port 80 and you don't even need to open the
high-numbered port.

Regards,

-Roberto
--