Jerry Vonau wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>>
> Something is weird with this mail client.. had to copy & paste
>> Mike wrote:
>> I have tried the following for some test until Glenn and I try passing  Tos
>> bit through openvpn with the passtos directive which seems to be supported
>> now with openvpn. In my case here there is traffic from
>> 10.19.227.18 which is a pbs phone box with h323 udp traffic for voip and
>> Remote Desktop 3389 no other traffic but these two above.
>> When you state "And you probably also want to give the open VPN traffic
>> itself (usually UDP 1194) a boost on the external interface."
>>      Would the two rules work below
>> 2:11       10.19.227.18              0.0.0.0/0               ALL
>> 3:11       10.19.227.18              0.0.0.0/0               ALL
>>
> I think Tom is referring to openvpn traffic carried on port 1194
> between the firewalls. That source would be the external interface and
> not the phone box. I'm not quite up-to-date on the Qos stuff, but I
> think the rule would look like:
>  2:11       $FW               0.0.0.0/0               udp     1194
>  3:11       $FW               0.0.0.0/0               udp     1194

Need to place the interface name in the DEST column

2:11       $FW          eth0                    udp     1194
3:11       $FW          eth1                    udp     1194

I haven't had time to follow this thread closely so I don't know if only one
of those needs to be there (you only need it on the external interface(s)
that handle(s) the VPN traffic).

Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]