Wouter Amsterdam wrote:

<absurdly-formatted post>

Please -- fix your mailer.

Each paragraph is one long line. I'm very busy right now and quoting an
email like yours take 3 times as long as one that is correctly formatted.

Thanks.

I wish to establish a VPN connection between my local firewall
(212.115.197.253 - running shorewall and racoon) which serves both
LAN's 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.6.0/24, and a remote Draytek router
(92.64.158.73 - capable of VPN tunneling) which serves 192.168.21.0/24.

After resetting shorewall counters I started racoon in foreground mode
and started the tunnel from the remote Draytek. From the racoon log I
can tell the tunnel is up.

So that means that your entries in /etc/shorewall/tunnels (or in the rules
file if you take that approach) are correct.

Next I tried pinging the device 192.168.21.51 from the local firewall,
from my own desktop (192.168.0.64) and from a server in the other local
subnet (192.168.6.1).

What happens if you 'shorewall clear'?

I'm not going to ask that question again (I did in my last post). And if pinging doesn't work after 'shorewall clear' then please
don't post here again until

- ping does work after 'shorewall clear' but
- stops working again after 'shorewall start'.

Thanks,
Shoreline,     \ http://shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]