Hello Tom,

I appreciate you pointing out the error of my ways. And you are
absolutely correct.

However, lack of resources prevent me from doing this in a production
environment in a timely manner.

Therefore I need an immediate solution in the meantime, and it would be
great to have someone willing to help me out. As I am not a firewall
expert, I have difficulties in setting up the outbound connections
perfectly. That is also why I'm not comfortable with simply doing a
REJECT all outbound traffic except the few ports. It's something I need
to work towards but again what I'm trying to do here is a quick
temporary solution.

I have setup a REJECT for outbound traffic to those ports as follows:

REJECT          loc             net     tcp
6,8,17,1025,1433,1434,1435
REJECT          loc             net     tcp     2798,2967,2968,5761,5900

However I understand I need to also block outbound for those ports as
being sources as well. How would I go about doing that?

I REALLY appreciate some help with this. I understand I need to do a lot
of other stuff but that will take some time, and I need to immediately
find a temporary solution, even knowing it's not the best (or even a
catch-all).

Thank you
Ricardo