Martin Leben wrote:

> mess-mate wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've a setup as follows (runs marvelous) :
>>
>> modem (ppp0)
>>
>> 1st machine = proxy/router/shorewall  (eth0, eth1, eth2)
>>
>> 2d machine = dmz http-server/lan mail-server (eth0)
>>
>> switch ->lan machines
>>

>> to save energie and noise .... i'd like to get all in 1 machine with
>> shorewall as forewall.
>>

>> Could anybody put me on the right way for the setup ?
>>
>> best regards
>>

> Hi,
>
> 1.a) Install the web and mail software on the 1st machine and move the
> associated data from the 2nd machine and get rid of the 2nd machine.
> ... OR:
> 1.b) Install shorewall and a second network card in the 2nd machine and get
> rid
> of the 1st machine.
>
> 2) Replace DNAT rules with ACCEPT rules.
>
> But seriously, this is a VERY basic question. You should read up on the
> documentation before continuing.
>
> BR
> /Martin Leben

Thanks for the reply Martin,

in fact my only problem is "what to do with the DMZ zone with option 1b".

Sorry if it is a very basic question, but i'm not a currently shorewall
nor firewall installer :(

The purpose is to protect a home installation for 5 machines with an own
web/mail server.

My actually installation is/was done with the 3 interfaces doc and the
DMZ on the 2d machine with the web in a vserver part.

BR