Rags wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvo...@shaw.ca
> <mailto:jvo...@shaw.ca>> wrote:
>
>     On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 10:38 +0530, Rags wrote:
>     > Hello,
>     >
>     > I'm using Shorewall perl 4.4.1.2 with two pppoe connections, with
>     > fail-over and load balancing.
>     >
>     > When I upgraded to Shorewall-perl, I saw a bunch of warnings pop up
>     > after I start/restart Shorewall. One was about the masq file , wherein
>     > instead of using interface names, IP-addresses were to be used. So I
>     > made the changes to the masq file like so.
>     >
>     > #INTERFACE              SOURCE             ADDRESS         PROTO
>     > PORT(S) IPSEC   MARK
>     > ppp0                          $PPP1_IP              $PPP0_IP
>     > ppp1                          $PPP0_IP              $PPP1_IP
>     > ppp0                          192.168.32.1
>     > ppp1                          192.168.32.1
>     >
>     So it's a variable...
>

> Sorry, I should have posted the original file. This is what it was
> earlier with shorewall -shell.
>
> #INTERFACE              SOURCE             ADDRESS         PROTO
>  ppp0                          $PPP1_IP            $PPP0_IP
>  ppp1                          $PPP0_IP            $PPP1_IP
>  ppp0                          eth0
>  ppp1                          eth0
>
> This works, but with the aforementioned warning. What I had changed was
> the LAN interface(eth0) to the ip address.

You want the NETWORK address (probably 192.168.32.0/24), not the HOST
address (192.168.32.1).

There is a complete example of this at
http://www.shorewall.net/LennyToSqueeze.html#masq

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car