Tom wrote:
 >>> Is there a "shorewall way" to solve this problem?
 >>
 >> I would start with http://www.shorewall.net/MultiISP.html.
 >> Sounds like the "track" option may solve this.
 >
 > I agree that this is another case where 'track' should help.

I'm sorry, but I found no hint in the MultiISP documentation for solving my
problem. All providers are configured with options "track,balance" and get
a different MARK value. As I understood, the standard connection tracking
is based on incoming traffic (perhaps better to say: external initiated
traffic).
But with ftps I have two connections initiated by myself. Of course, I
could
insert a rule in tcrules pointing all traffic to one provider, but the
result would
be the same as my route pinning now: If the chosen provider is down, I have
to manually change the routing rule.

So, the question is: When the first connection is established, how can I
mark
all further connections (from the origin of the connection or to the
destination
of the connection) to use the same provider, as long as the first
connection
stays established?

Regards,
Christian