I'm running Shorewall 4.4.0 on a two NIC system. eth0 is facing the
internet on a DSL circuit, and eth1 is facing my local LAN.

I setup a virtual interface on eth0:0 as 192.168.2.2 to be able to
access the modem configuration, the modem's address is 192.168.2.1 I'm
able to get to it ok, but I am having some trouble enabling a few
services, specifically NTP and SNMP (the modem supports both)

I've read over
http://www.shorewall.net/Shorewall_and_Aliased_Interfaces.html but I'm
just not real clear on how to accomplish what I am wanting to do. Basically:

- I have ntpd running on the same box as shorewall, I want the aliased
interface to be able to reach ntpd on UDP port 123
- I want the aliased interface to be able to reach another box on my LAN
for SNMP services
- I would also like to enable syslog at some point

I have been pecking around but can't seem to find anything that works,
so I must not be doing something right. Don't think it matters, but I
should also note that the modem is in bridge mode.

Thanks,
Stephen