On 9/14/10 8:05 AM, David López Zajara (Er_Maqui) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's my first time writing on the list, for one question:
>
> If isn't the correct site, please tell me and ignore message.
>
> I have multiple shorewall configured across my networks, but i have one
> problem with one of them:
> First, include an schema:
>
> ------------      ------------
> |          |      |          |
> |   VPN1   |      |   VPN2   |
> |          |      |          |
> ------------      ------------
>            |      |
>          ------------      ------------
>          |          |      |          |
>          |    FW    |------|   eth0   |
>          |          |      |          |
>          ------------      ------------
>            |      |
> ------------      ------------
> |          |      |          |
> |   VPN3   |      |   VPN4   |
> |          |      |          |
> ------------      ------------
> The concept are simple. I have 4 VPN connections, and one LAN on eth0.
>
> All VPN can connect to the LAN, and the LAN can connect to the VPN's.
>
> My problem are who try to send one packet from one VPN to another. The
> machines have the routes configured correctly, but the FW reject these
> packages.
>
> My configuration are:
>
> zones:
> PPTP    ipv4
> interfaces:
> PPTP    ppp+
> policy:
> PPTP            all             ACCEPT
>
> But, when i try to send a ping from VPN1 to VPN2, i receive these log on the
> FW:
> Sep 14 16:57:35 fw kernel: [12250627.652278]
> Shorewall:FORWARD:REJECT:IN=ppp0 OUT=ppp2 SRC=192.168.101.202
> DST=192.168.100.1 LEN=84 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=63 ID=0 DF PROTO=ICMP TYPE=8
> CODE=0 ID=2538 SEQ=1
> I don't know what's the problem but i need to allow traffic forward between
> ppp's interfaces. I've tried to declare each interface with these config:

192.168.101.202 is not in any of your defined zones.

> /etc/shorewall/zones:
>
> #ZONE           TYPE
> vpn1            ipv4
> vpn2            ipv4
> vpn3            ipv4
>
> /etc/shorewall/interfaces:
>
> #ZONE          INTERFACE         BROADCAST        OPTIONS
> -              ppp+
>
> /etc/shorewall/hosts:
>
> #ZONE          HOST(S)                   OPTIONS
> vpn1           ppp+:192.168.1.0/24
> vpn2           ppp+:192.168.2.0/24
> vpn3           ppp+:192.168.3.0/24
>
> (Obiously changing the IP configuration)

WHY? IP addresses are not secrets!

Hiding your real addresses just slows down the solution to your problem.
As I mentioned above, 192.168.101.202 isn't in any of your zones. That
would cause the message that you are seeing, but I suspect you just
messed up changing the addresses.

> And, adding:
>
> policy:
> VPN1            all             ACCEPT
> VPN2            all             ACCEPT
> VPN3            all             ACCEPT

> But in this case, i can connect FW->VPN, but the reverse case doesn't work
> (VPN->FW).

Obiously, the communication between VPN's doesn't work too.

You can try adding the 'routeback' option to each of your entries in
/etc/shorewall/hosts. But with the information you have given us, it's
hard to know exactly what the problem is.

If that doesn't correct the problem, please follow the instructions at
http://www.shorewall.net/support.htm#Guidelines when posting a follow-up
report.

Thanks,
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car