Quoting Tom Eastep <teas...@shorewall.net>:

On 9/29/10 11:07 PM, Mark D. Montgomery II wrote:
bnet, which supports UPnP

I would like to be able to see it from the machines on the normal subnet
so UPnP capable devices like my N900 can see it and watch the media on it.

Is this possible?

Not that I'm aware of. Linux-igd (which is what Shorewall's UPnP support
is based on) implements a UPnP "Internet Gateway Device". UPnP capable
clients can discover the gateway and open holes in the gateway for
incoming connections.

That's very different from what you are trying to do which sounds to me
as though it requires some sort of proxy running on the Shorewall box.

Ok Thanks.
That's kind of the impression I got, but I wasn't sure.
It's not a big deal since I can just toss up a UPnP server on the normal LAN somewhere and have it feed the media collection. I just wanted to take advantage of the one built into MythTV if it was possible.

-Tom

Mark II

--
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like

--
Mark D. Montgomery II
http://www.techiem2.net