Christ Schlacta wrote:
>... far as I can tell, the bridges are set up right and working,

Does traffic flow if you clear Shorewall (ie do "shorewall clear") ?
If not then you need to fix that before trying to get Shorewall
working.

>is there more I need to do to handle a bridge device in ubuntu (my
>interfaces looks liek this:)
>
>auto lo
>iface lo inet loopback
>
>auto wan0
>iface wan0 inet dhcp
>
>auto lan0
>iface lan0 inet static
>          address 10.0.0.254
>          netmask 255.255.255.0
>          network 10.0.0.0
>          broadcast 10.0.0.255
>
>auto lan1
>iface lan1 inet static
>          address 10.0.1.254
>          netmask 255.255.255.0
>          network 10.0.1.0
>          broadcast 10.0.1.255
>
>#auto br-lan0
>#iface br-lan0 inet static
>#       address 10.0.0.254
>#       netmask 255.255.255.0
>#       network 10.0.0.0
>#       broadcast 10.0.0.255
>#       bridge_ports lan0
>
>#auto br-lan1
>#iface br-lan1 inet static
>#        address 10.0.1.254
>#        netmask 255.255.255.0
>#        network 10.0.1.0
>#       broadcast 10.0.1.255
>#       bridge_ports lan1

Going entirely from memory (so there are probably loads of syntax
errors), and it's a while since I last set one up, on Debian systems
I do something like this :

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
   address ...
   pre-up brctl addbr br0
   pre-up ip link set up dev eth0
   pre-up brctl addif br0 eth0
   pre-up ip link set up dev ethn
   pre-up brctl addif br0 ethn

There's probably a more elegant way to do it, and it really needs a
script that can check if the bridge already exists and so on -
otherwise any error in the pre-up commands causes the system to abort
bringing up the interface.

--
Simon Hobson