I keep getting this message in my firewall log.  it's on the port that
is running torrents, and I suspect a misbehaving client somewhere, or a
misbehaving ISP somewhere.  I'm not overly sure, but the message is
quite annoying, and I'd like to suppress it if possible using shorewall.

the message is: [337786.875614] TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port
33760. Sending cookies.

it only happens at sporadic times, but when it happens, I get literally
hundreds of copies.