Christ Schlacta wrote:

>You may end up with simply a bridge firewall.  I recently did the
>same thing, and am of a mind that for my purposes, an individual
>firewall on each vm is preferable.

That's the solution I came up with as well. On my hosts I run a very
basic set of iptables rules on the outside interfaces (just to
protect the host from the outside), and then run Shorewall on each VM.

The biggest problem as I see it is the constantly changing network
config. Each time you start of stop a VM, network ports on the bridge
appear or disappear (at least with Xen).
--
Simon Hobson