On 3/18/12 3:22 PM, "Steven Jan Springl" <ste...@springl.ukfsn.org> wrote:

>Sorry for the earlier noise. My original report was correct, I have
>pasted it
>below along with a couple of other issues.
>
>If ?ELSE is specified without a preceding ?IF in the rules file, the
>following
>error is produced:
>
> Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
>/usr/share/shorewall/Shorewall/Config.pm line 2068, <$currentfile> line
>14.

I've fixed this one in my tree but it is so different from Beta 1 that
I'll have to wait until Beta 2 to get you a fix.

>---------------------
>
>If ?IF is specified and ?ENDIF is not, the following message stating ?END
>is
>missing is produced:
>
>ERROR: Missing "?END" to match ?IF at line number 14 :
>/etc/shorewallT8/rules
>(EOF)

I'd already fixed that one.

>---------------------
>
>?anything can be specified between an ?IF and ?ENDIF  e.g.:
>
>?IF $testvar
>.
>.
>?FOOBAR
>.
>.
>?ENDIF
>
>is accepted by shorewall.

Yeah, I suppose that the compiler should check any line whose first
non-blank character is '?'; I've added that to my tree as well.

I'll do a little more testing and then upload Beta 2.

Thanks, Steven

-Tom
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.