This problem probably has a simple solution, so I'm hoping the experienced
shorewall users can help me.

I've got a 3-interface (net,dmz, & loc) firewall and have several apache2
virtual web sites in the dmz.  They come into 1 apache server in the dmz, and
are redirected with the directive "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse" in my
Apache "sites-enabled" files to other servers in the dmz.

In most cases, the proxy'd web servers are in virtual machines in the dmz.  In
1 case, however, I want to have this server in my local subnet.

So here are the details:

Ext IP -> Shorewall -> Apache2 at 192.168.2.150 -> PROXYPASS ->  Apache2 at
192.168.1.22

Currently, when I try this, I get a "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"
error.  The server at 192.1.168.22 works just fine when I access it from within
the local subnet.  Additionally, thre are no weird errors in any of the apache
logs.  I am sure this is a firewall problem.

I've read the Squid Proxy documentation, but I am not knowledgeable enough to
apply this to my situation.

Can someone suggest the correct entry into the "rules" file to allow the apache
server in the dmz to proxypass to a server in the loc subnet?

TIA!
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence