On 8/28/2013 12:41 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
On 8/27/2013 2:02 PM, Thomas Harold wrote:
We have a bonded pair of ethernet ports (eth0+eth1 -> bond0) defined in
/etc/shorewall/interfaces as:

loc bond0

The /etc/shorewall/zones is:

fw      firewall
loc     ipv4
net     ipv4

When shorewall is stopped, I want to still allow traffic from the local
zone (bond0) to the firewall to open up SSH.  So in
/etc/shorewall/stoppedrules I put:

ACCEPT    $FW      bond0
ACCEPT    bond0    $FW    tcp    22

But "nmap -Pn -p 1-1024 172.30.0.2" reports that all ports are filtered
when shorewall is stopped.

Are there other files that need to be configured to make use of
/etc/shorewall/stoppedrules?

No.

Please forward the output of 'shorewall dump' taken when the firewall is
in the stopped state.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom.

So a little background here:

- We're running a multi-ISP configuration, a cable modem (wancbl) and a T1 line (want1). Cable modem is the primary, T1 is the fallback.

- Internal connection to the LAN is a bonded pair (bond0) of ethernet devices in active-fallback mode.

- NAT/MASQ outbound through the cable modem works, but doesn't fallback to the T1; so it's almost, but not quite, setup.

There's possibly other errors in the setup, but at the moment I'm more interested in /etc/shorewall/stoppedrules. I've tried different ACCEPT rules such as specifying the local IP address range, using "loc" in the SOURCE/DEST column and using "bond0".