On 13/09/2013 04:35 μμ, Tom Eastep wrote:
> On 9/13/2013 6:01 AM, HL wrote:
>> After endless tries the only way that I have managed to feed zebra
>> routes into kernel is ..
>> #NAME   NUMBER  MARK    DUPLICATE       INTERFACE       GATEWAY
>> OPTIONS         COPY
>> ISP1        1             0x100    main                  vlan10
>>        10.0.11.1         track,loose    -
>> ISP2        2             0x200    main                  vlan11
>>        10.0.12.1         track,loose    -
>>
>> and
>> in shorewall.conf
>> USE_DEFAULT_RT=No
>>
>> In particular when the duplicate column is empty thus '-' causes a lot
>> of problems
>>
>> Final Question is ... Is SHOREWALL compatible with networking suites
>> like quagga - ZEBRA ...
>> Or it completely ignores the other partners in the system and bosses -
>> messes around things ??
> I consider Shorewall's multi-ISP facility to be an alternative to using
> routing protocols. Given that my ISPs don't support such protocols, I
> personally have no way to test the interaction between zebra/quagga and
> Shorewall.
>
> -Tom
Please also consider that I was faced with the following scenario in the
past
3 ISP's
1 required me to run  BGP  with a private AS number so that he could see
me alive and activate his routes.

The remaining ISP's didn't offer BGP protocols.
I had to run bgp daemon with out zebra in order to see traffic comming
in from the bgp provider.

Mean while the site had a vpn with a remote building that I've install
ripd and found it very convenient with no need to monitor ( ping ) lines
to alternate routes.

Thank's again
Regards,
Harry.