On 9/23/2013 3:05 AM, John Doe wrote:

> Finally found the time to test and... it still fails...
> If I put the next hop, with the manual routes (which do work with a ping
> test),
> lsm will correctly detect the link down, but will never detect the link back
> up (even if
> I have no problem manually pinging the next hop).
> If I put the external IP of the ADSL box, lsm will of course not see if the
> link is down
> past the box.
> Also, I caught many times zombie lsms that I had to kill manually...

If you need LSM help, you need to consult the LSM mailing list.

> Is there a way to at least do lsm jobs manually?

Of course. LSM just runs /etc/lsm/script.

From http://www.shorewall.net/MultiISP.html#LSM

if [ ${STATE} = up ]; then
  ${VARDIR}/firewall enable ${DEVICE}
else
   ${VARDIR}/firewall disable ${DEVICE}
fi

Rather than running ${VARDIR}/firewall, you can just run
${SBINDIR}/shorewall (usually /sbin/shorewall or /usr/sbin/shorewall):

        shorewall disable <device-or-provider>
        shorewall enable <device-provider>

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car