Is there a way to have Shorewall communicate with the listing services (SORBS,
Spamhaus, etc.)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto C. Sánchez [mailto:robe...@connexer.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 6:01 PM
To: shorewall-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Shorewall-users] Blocking IP addresses

On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 10:31:59PM +0000, Donald S. Doyle wrote:
>    Hello,
>

>    Is there a way to be proactive and block questionable IP addresses before
>    they attempt to communicate with my router?

Hi Don,

Depending on your definition of "questionable," you can make use of any of a
number of blacklists (some public, some not).  Another approach would be to
block an entire range of addresses when a particular address does something you
deem to be questionable.  Aside from that, I am not sure how you would
proactively block IP addresses before they communicate your router.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez