I'm not sure if this is a shorewall issue, snmpd issue, or both, so I figured I'd start here. :)

I'm trying to connect to snmpd on my home firewall from my VPS.
I can do snmpwalk successfully on the machine itself, and from other machines on the lan using the various internal IPs of the firewall interfaces, so it appears snmpd is binding to all interfaces properly.

I have UDP ports 161 and 162 (probably not needed) both set to accept from the IP of the VPS.

When I try to do an snmpwalk from the vps, I just get the host timed out message.

Suggestions?

Both sides are running shorewall.

Thanks for any input!
--