> On 3/27/2014 8:12 AM, Hervé Werner wrote:
> > Hello Tom.
> >
> > Please find enclosed the requested file as well as my full
> > configuration.
> >

> > Also I noticed that the reap option provided in the recent match is not
> > detected by Shorewall whereas it seems to be available :
> >         $ sudo iptables -N test
> >         $ sudo iptables -A test -m recent --rcheck --seconds 10 --reap
> >         $ sudo iptables -L test
> >         Chain test (0 references)
> >         target     prot opt source               destination
> >                    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
> >         recent: CHECK seconds: 10 reap name: DEFAULT side: source mask:
> >         255.255.255.255
> >
> > Not sure I actually need it but this looks strange to me.
> >
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> As soon as I add the rpfilter option to my single interface, any
> >> outgoing traffic is blocked.
> >>
> >> Here is my interface file :
> >> net     eth0
> >> dhcp,tcpflags,logmartians,nosmurfs,sourceroute=0,rpfilter
> >>
> >> When taking a look at the logs, I notice packets have been blocked by
> >> the net-fw rule :
> >>
> >> Mar 26 15:46:44 MyPC net-fw:DROP  IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=XXXXX
> >> SRC=173.194.40.159 DST=192.168.1.166 LEN=84 TOS=00 PREC=0x00 TTL=54
> >> ID=35571 PROTO=ICMP TYPE=0 CODE=0 ID=30205 SEQ=16 MARK=0
> >>
> >> This message has been triggered by pinging google.fr.
> >>
> >> Note that it works properly when using rp_filter.
> >>
> >> Please find attached my configuration files.
> >>
> >> Version information : 4.5.21.7
>
> I certainly wish that you wouldn't top-post.
>
> This dump shows no log messages of the type displayed above being
> generated. The only messages that had been logged since the
> configuration was restarted were out of the chain _fw-net. Given that
> your setting of LOGFILE doesn't match where messages are actually being
> logged, the dump does not show the messages.

I'm sorry. Please find enclosed a full dump.

> Regarding 'reap' :
>
> root@gateway:~# shorewall show -f capabilities | fgrep REAP
> REAP_OPTION=Yes
> root@gateway:~# shorewall -vvv check | fgrep -i reap
>    Recent Match "--reap" option: Available
>    REAP_OPTION*
> root@gateway:~# shorewall version
> 4.5.21.7
> root@gateway:~#
>
> I see that you are running a bleeding edge kernel -- which iptables
> version are you running?

Hum it is strange :

        $ sudo shorewall show -f capabilities | fgrep REAP
           REAP_OPTION=Yes
        $ sudo shorewall -vvv check | fgrep -i reap
           Recent Match "--reap" option: Available
        $ sudo shorewall dump | fgrep -i reap
           Recent Match "--reap" option (REAP_OPTION): Not available
        $ sudo shorewall show  capabilities | fgrep REAP
           Recent Match "--reap" option (REAP_OPTION): Not available

Here is my iptables version : iptables v1.4.21 (OS : Debian Jessie).