On 3/27/2014 1:48 PM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:47:29PM -0700, Rich Wales wrote:
>>    I'm running Shorewall 4.5.16.1 on an Ubuntu 13.10 system.
>>
>>    Is it possible to specify a CIDR range in the proxyarp file?  Or do I
>>    really need to list each individual IP address separately?
>
> From the shorewall-proxyarp(5) man page:
>
> This file is used to define Proxy ARP. There is one entry in this file
> for each IP address to be proxied.

You can, however, set the proxyarp option on an interface which causes
that interface to respond to ARP requests for any address that the
system has a route to (other than out of the interface receiving the ARP
request).

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car