On 5/6/2014 8:10 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
On 5/6/2014 8:04 PM, Mike Andrewjeski wrote:
On 5/6/2014 6:53 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
On 5/6/2014 4:42 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
On 5/6/2014 4:08 PM, Tom Eastep wrote:
On 5/6/2014 7:51 AM, Mike Andrewjeski wrote:
On 5/6/2014 7:34 AM, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 07:16:14AM -0700, Mike Andrewjeski wrote:
    Oh, Sorry Tom,  after  running shorewall check,  in desperation I copied
    the /var/lib/shorewall/zones to /etc/shorewall/zones to see if it would
    help.  I have a back up of the original /etc/shorewall/zones file.

    It looks like this:
     #zone display comment
    fw  firewall
    loc ipv4
    net ipv4

If you replace the bogus zones file with the backup of the original
zones file, then does it work?
No,  it won't work with the original zones file.  Same error.
If I replace the bogus file with the one above and adjust CONFIG_PATH to
omit /etc/shorewall, the configuration compiles fine for me. So I hope
that the trace file will show us what is wrong.
And also please:

        sh -x /sbin/shorewall start > trace1 2>1

Make that:

        sh -x /sbin/shorewall start > trace1 2>&1

-Tom
I've attached the trace file.

Thanks again, guys.
What are the contents of /usr/share/shorewall/configpath?

Thanks,
-Tom
Here you go Tom:
CONFIG_PATH=${CONFDIR}:${SHAREDIR}/shorewall

-mike

http://p.sf.net/sfu/perforce

---
is active.