On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 18:54:23 -0800
Tom Eastep <teas...@shorewall.net> wrote:

> On 11/18/2014 1:33 AM, jone...@teksavvy.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:49:59 -0800
> > Tom Eastep <teas...@shorewall.net> wrote:

> >> Have you tried either of the two alternatives to SFQ?
> >
> > Could you please give me an example on how these would be
> > configured - thanks.
>
> I'm afraid that the only one that I've personally used is rather
> complicated -- it uses RED.
>
> There are comments in the params file describing the parameters to the
> configuration. It shapes both the WAN and LAN interfaces.
>
> There is an unfinished article describing the example at
> http://www.shorewall.org/QOSExample.html. There is a link in that
> document to the original work.

Thanks.  I've read a bit more in depth about QoS and UDP.  Haven't
found out anything to put in practice though, yet.  One thing that is
puzzling is that UDP streams exists for some time now (multimedia for
instance) and there's not much talk about QoS and packet re-ordering
dome by SFQ.  I wonder if there's something else missing to solve the
problem.  Maybe increasing buffers somewhere along the path ?