On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:28 PM, Eric Koome <eko...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two servers with public and private IP address running a sip proxy on
> eth0 and asterisk box on eth1. Each box is running Shorewall 4.5.21. Making
> calls within a server is fine but I would like the sip proxy to also use
> asterisk box on the other machine for load balancing.
>
> However for some reason calls and qualify OPTIONS packets are not being
> passed over asterisk box to the other sip proxy based on tcpdump and ngrep. I
> suspect my masquerade rules are to blame but after countless tweaking, this
> is failing me.
>
> Scenario (addresses have been scrambled)
>        OPTIONS (qualify=yes)
> BOX 1  Asterisk ----------------> Sip Proxy
> 10.131.45.56 :5060        178.89.67.12:5060
>               OPTIONS
> BOX 2 Sip proxy ---------------->  Asterisk
> 178.89.67.12:5060                    10.131.45.56 :5060
>
> These packets are not being answered with 200 OK.
>

> This is what I have in my configs:
> rules
> ACCEPT net        $FW                udp            5060  <------- Accept sip
> requests to sip proxy
>
> Policy
> loc     net     ACCEPT
> $FW     net     ACCEPT
> loc     $FW     ACCEPT
> $FW     loc     ACCEPT
> net     all     DROP        info
> all     all     REJECT      info
>
> masq
> BOX 1
> INTERFACE:DEST     SOURCE      ADDRESS     PROTO   PORT(S) IPSEC   MARK
> USER/   SWITCH  ORIGINAL
> #                                           GROUP       DEST
> eth0:178.89.67.12   10.131.45.56     -    udp     5060 <------- asterisk to
> proxy through eth0
>
> BOX 2
> INTERFACE:DEST     SOURCE      ADDRESS     PROTO   PORT(S) IPSEC   MARK
> USER/   SWITCH  ORIGINAL
> #                                           GROUP       DEST
> eth1:10.131.45.56  178.89.67.12   -       udp     5060 <-------- proxy to
> asterisk through eth1
>
> What am i missing?
>
> Eric

Eric,

On my CentOS 6.4 box (2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64) I found that
nf_conntrack_sip and nf_nat_sip caused problems with sip traffic
(silently dropping traffic) and I run without them.  I was getting
random non connection issues (failed registration) before I removed
those modules.
CentOS tends to ship with older, sometimes incomplete modules so YMMV.
I don't have a proxy in my configuration.

Hope that helps,
Lee