Hi Tom

Than

Am 07.10.2015 um 19:48 schrieb Tom Eastep:
> On 10/7/2015 7:06 AM, Erich Titl wrote:
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> I am seeing this in shorewall-init.log, probably some date template glitch.
>>
>> Oct  7 13:44:26 Shorewall configuration compiled to /var/lib/.start
>> Oct %_d 13:44:26 Starting Shorewall....
>> Oct %_d 13:44:26 Initializing...
>>
>> gatekeeper# shorewall version
>> 4.6.13
>>

> Hi Erich,
>
> I suspect that the issue is in your version of the 'date' utility. The
> Shorewall-generated script is executing this command:
>
>       timestamp=$(date +'%b %_d %T')

What about the line before the mangled date stamp, this is the same
instance of shorewall,

> On my systems, the result is:
>
>       root@gateway:~# date +'%b %_d %T'
>       Oct  7 10:44:41
>       root@gateway:~#

Indeed the output on my system is

gatekeeper# date +'%b %_d %T'
Oct %_d 19:17:18
gatekeeper#

ls -l `which date`
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            12 Oct  7 13:17 /bin/date ->
/bin/busybox

This is using _real_ date:

mega@leafbuilder:~$ date +'%b %_d %T'
Okt  7 21:35:02
mega@leafbuilder:~$ date +'%b %e %T'
Okt  7 21:35:06

and this is on busybox.

gatekeeper# date +'%b %e %T'
Oct  7 19:35:35

It looks like the %e format is the same as %_d on the date command and
it also works on busybox.

YMMV

Would you mind to tell me where the date is set, so I can run a test
using shorewall?

Thanks

Erich