On 11/8/2015 10:20 AM, PGNet Dev wrote:
> I'm working on rpm-packaging v5x from upstream sources.
>
> The unpacked docs tarball
>
>     shorewall-docs-xml-5.0.1.1
>
> provides the doc source files in, obviously, xml format.
>
> Old SW 4x versions provided the build45/build46 scripts -- afaict,
> there's no equivalent for v5x (there's an old build5 -- not relevant).
>
> I've not built the docs, to date.

Why don't you simply download shorewall-docs-html.5.0.1.1?

> I assume xsltproc is still the appropriate tool.
>
> Are there clear procedure docs for manually building 5x's
>
>    (1) manpages
>    (2) html docs?
>
> that can be assumed to be stable/reproducible for the docs-xml tarball?

You build 5.0 just like 4.6, only using the build50 script that I just
pushed to Sourceforge.

Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car