On 12/26/2016 01:12 PM, Simon Hobson wrote:
> Tuomo Soini <t...@foobar.fi> wrote:
>
>> What do you mean with NPTv6 ?
>
> I assume he wants to use NPT (Network Prefix Translation) to avoid
> the complications of multihoming systems with multiple IPv6
> providers.

Bit of dyslexia on my part then.

My personal approach to multiple IPv6 providers is to assign my local
networks prefixes delegated from one of my provider's routers and
simply use SNAT when sending traffic out of the other provider. That
is stateful and supports problem protocols like FTP.

In Netfilter, NPT is stateless, so it is a pain to use. There is
therefore no formal support for NPT in Shorewall6 (the
shorewall6-netmap(5) file is no longer usable since the Netfilter
rawpost table has been removed). It is possible to configure NTP in
shorewall-mangle(5) (assuming that your kernel and ip6tables support
the SNPT and DNPT targets) but there is currently no documentation for
how to do that.

A brief outline of what is required:

Add SNTP and DNPT as a builtin actions in /etc/shorewall6/actions:

SNPT    builtin,mangle,terminating
DNPT    builtin,mangle,terminating

To configure DNPT in the shorewall6/mangle file:

IP6TABLES(DNPT --src-pfx <prefix/length> --dst-pfx <prefix/length> ):P ...

and to configure SNPT:

IP6TABLES(SNPT --src-pfx <prefix/length> --dst-pfs <prefix/length> ):T ...

See iptables-extensions(8) for additional information on SNPT and
DNPT. In particular, you must disable connection tracking for the
translated flows in shorewall-conntrack(5).

- -Tom
- --
Tom Eastep        \ When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather who
Shoreline,         \ died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like
Washington, USA     \ all of the passengers in his car