On 2017-02-16 23:56, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Tom Eastep skrev den 2017-02-16 23:29:
>
>> I sounds like it is Gentoo-specific, in which case I can't help
>> you. We at shorewall.net do not release any Gentoo-specific init
>> scripts or .service files.
>
> hopefully gentoo ebuild maintainers still listen here ?

Yes, I am here :)

But I do not understand your problem. What's your problem with
shorewall and shorewall6 both providing "firewall"?

If you have a service which needs to depend on an explicit
implementation, i.e. shorewall6, please set
'rc_{use,need}="shorewall6"' for that service. And if you think you
need a firewall6 target add 'rc_provide="firewall6"' to your
"/etc/conf.d/shorewall6" file.

But in general this isn't needed and we don't differentiate between
IPv6 and non-IPv6. So could please explain to me what problem do you have?

If you want shorewall in OpenRC-based Gentoo to start on boot do

  # rc-update add shorewall default

If you want shorewall6 in OpenRC-based Gentoo to start on boot do

  # rc-update add shorewall6 default

If you want shorewall-init to start shorewall *and* shorewall6 set

  PRODUCTS="shorewall shorewall6"

in /etc/conf.d/shorewall-init and make sure that shorewall-init is
scheduled to start in boot runlevel, i.e.

  # rc-update add shorewall-init boot

- --
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann