On 10/17/2017 01:17 PM, Joaquim Homrighausen wrote:

> Thank you. Can I take this a bit further, just trying to get a grip on
> Shorewall thinking …
>

> The FW flies two interfaces with two addresses. So let’s say I only have
> SSHD listening on the loc interface, 192.168.0.1:3333.
>

> What would be the proper construct to use then, is this where DNAT would
> come into play? Or do we use DNAT only when we’re exposing another
> machine via the FW?

That is Shorewall FAQ 1e - http://www.shorewall.net/FAQ.htm#faq1e; that
FAQ also chages the port number but the principle is the same when the
port number remains unmodified.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand