On 01/09/2018 04:22 PM, Colony.three via Shorewall-users wrote:
> We have LAN, made up of a number of KVM virtual machines, one of which
> is the router for the WAN and another is the IPSec gateway. (Libreswan)
>
> I have DNAT working fine from the (internal) IPSec gateway through the
> router to my phone and back.  A while ago Tom gave me an iptables
> command to allow the phone access to the rest of the LAN.  But it
> doesn't work in the reverse, and it may not be the Shorewall way to do
> traffic in both directions, although I have no evidence of this.
>
> So there exists the LAN, remote phones, remote laptops, and a remote
> mail server.  We'd like all to communicate democratically using
> Libreswan, each with their own auth credentials.  The Libreswan part is
> no problem, but I can't figure out how to direct traffic originating
> from the LAN to the relevant other locations using SNAT (through the
> IPSec gateway), and, in the reverse direction.
>
> Ideally I'd like the VPN to have its own class C IPs with -static- (or
> known) addresses, so they are predictable, although I don't know how to
> do this.  Also I'd like all IPSec traffic to/from the LAN to go through
> the IPSec gateway, although I don't know how to do this with Shorewall.
>
> Chances are good I can get any Libreswan questions answered by others,
> but it's the DNAT and SNAT issues that I can't sort out from the docs
> for this use-case.

There is no Shorewall configuration required for this. Presumably, you
are assigning an address from a reserved subnet to IPSEC clients
(rightsourceip=... in a Strongswan ipsec.conf). Simply route traffic to
those ip addresses to the IPSEC endpoint VM. If you do that, you won't
need the SNAT rule I gave you.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand