On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 08:35 -0800, Tom Eastep wrote:

> The documentation for the 'blacklist' command has always stated that
> it
> requires 'DYNAMIC_BLACKLIST='ipsec,...' to be available, and
> processing
> of the 'blacklist' command in 5.0.14.1 and 5.1.10.2 is identical.
>
> With DYNAMIC_BLACKLIST=Yes, the 'drop', 'reject', etc. commands are
> available.

This is really odd.  While I certainly cannot argue with what the
documentation says, my shorewall.conf file for this configuration has
not changed since Nov 8, 2016 and I am absolutely positive I have been
using shorewall "shorewall-lite blacklist $IP" and it's been working up
until just very recently.  In fact I have a copy of a /etc/shorewall-
lite/state/ipsets.save from Feb 25, 2018 that has:

create SW_DBL4 hash:net family inet hashsize 1024 maxelem 65536 timeout 0
counters

and 336 "add SW_DBL4 $IP timeout 0 packets 0 bytes 0" entries in it.

Very strange.

But changing my shorewall.conf to "DYNAMIC_BLACKLIST=ipset" did indeed
fix it.

Cheers,
b.