On 1/13/19 11:21 AM, C. Cook wrote:

>> What you are trying to do *will never work*. You are accepting web
>> connections on the public IP address on the Shorewall router, port
>> forwarding them to the web server who is trying to reply out of the WG
>> server. There are two problems with this idea:
>>
>> a) The WG server can't reverse the effect of the DNAT in the router, so
>> the responses are going out with the wrong source IP.
>>
>> b) Even if DNAT were not involved, you would likely be sending packets
>> out through one ISP with source addresses assigned to another ISP. Those
>> are subject to being dropped.
>>
>> -Tom
>
> Understand.  But I only arrived here after my sites went down with no
> mods to the webserver VM, and a full day of trying to get them back up.
>
> And my goal is ultimately to move my server to the outgoing VPN, but
> that's low priority.  Sites out is high priority.

The obvious fix is to change the web server's default gateway back to
the Shorewall router.

Tom Eastep        \   Q: What do you get when you cross a mobster with
Shoreline,         \     an international standard?
Washington, USA     \ A: Someone who makes you an offer you can't
http://shorewall.org \   understand