On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 10:39:11AM +0100, Vieri Di Paola wrote:
> I might have to ask this question off-list, but it could be of general
> interest. What issues are you seeing with the X722? Do you have a link
> to a bug report?

Certain packets (in our case NAT UDP encapsulated IPsec packets) always
get an RSS value of 0 assigned, no matter what RSS hash or rules
are applied.  Configuring it to assign all RSS values to queue 7 for
example still sends those packets to queue 0.  It is as if it tries to
parse some part of the packet but doesn't handle it and falls through
without ever doing the queue assignment for the packet.  If it had
just done it as a plain UDP packet it would have worked better, but my
suspicion is that it thinks it knows how to handle a tunneled packet but
for some reason doesn't in this case and has no fall back to the plain
UDP packet handling.

I don't know if intel bothered to make a bug report internally although
I was told in my original thread here that it would be done.

This is extremely problematic when you have 10000 APs with ipsec
connections terminating at a central controller and you want to spread
the load among 12 cores but instead if all hits 1 core.

--
Len Sorensen