Hi,

On a system with shorewall working fine, I decided to build a new
kernel version, and rebuild all kernel modules for that version.

iptables has not been re-compiled after building and symlinking the
new kernel version.

After rebooting into the new kernel, shorewall complains with:

"Your kernel/iptables do not include state match support."

Grepping for the kernel option yields the following even for the new kernel:

CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE=m

Is it because iptables must be recompiled?
If so, won't I have trouble when trying to switch from one kernel to
another when rebooting?

Regards,

Vieri